Polyvinyl chloride, referred to as PVC (Polyvinyl chloride), is a vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) in the initiator of peroxides, azo compounds, or free radical polymerization under the action of light and heat. Polymerized polymer. The vinyl chloride homopolymer and the vinyl chloride copolymer are collectively referred to as vinyl chloride resins.
PVC is an amorphous powder with a small degree of branching, a relative density of about 1.4, a glass transition temperature of 77-90 ° C, and a decomposition of about 170 ° C . Poor stability to light and heat, above 100 ° C or After prolonged exposure to sunlight, it will decompose to produce hydrogen chloride, and further autocatalytic decomposition, causing discoloration, and physical and mechanical properties are also rapidly declining. In practical applications, stabilizers must be added to improve the stability to heat and light.
Industrial production of PVC molecular weight is generally in the range of 50,000 to 110,000, with greater polydispersity, molecular weight increases with the decrease of polymerization temperature; no fixed melting point, 80-85 ° C begins to soften, 130 ° C becomes viscoelastic state , 160 ~ 180 ° C began to transform into a viscous flow state; has good mechanical properties, tensile strength of about 60MPa, impact strength of 5 ~ 10kJ / m2; has excellent dielectric properties.
PVC was once the world's largest production of general-purpose plastics, and it is widely used. It is widely used in building materials, industrial products, daily necessities, floor leather, floor tiles, artificial leather, pipes, wires and cables, packaging films, bottles, foam materials, sealing materials, fibers, etc.
Related Industry Knowledge
- China valve industry pneumatic control valve in...
- Control valve to the direction of intelligent d...
- China valve Development trend analysis prospect...
- China valve casting industry rapid development ...
- There is a significant gap between China's high...
- How to break through the problem of valve indus...
- New opportunities for stainless steel valve ind...
- How to choose PPR tubing manufacturers?
- About PVC ball valve.
- The function of the ball valve.
- PVC Physical and Chemical Properties
- PVC Modified Performance Index
- PVC, PP, PE Daily Price
- Main Use of PVC
- Performance Characteristics of PVC Electrical Pipe
- The Connection Method of PP Pipe
- Acceptance Criteria for PP Pipes
- Bending Processing of PP Pipe
- PP Pipe Construction Regulations
- PVC, PP, PE Daily Price