CPVC resin is made of chlorinated modified polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin and is a new type of engineering plastic. The product is white or light yellow odorless, non-toxic loose granules or powder. After chlorination of PVC resin, the molecular bond irregularity increases, the polarity increases, the solubility of the resin increases, and the chemical stability increases, thereby improving the heat resistance, acid resistance, alkali, salt, oxidant, etc. of the material. corrosion. Increased numerical mechanical properties of heat distortion temperature, chlorine content increased from 56.7% to 63-69%, Vicat softening temperature from 72-82 °C(161-179F), (up to 90-125 °C(194-257F)), maximum temperature up to 110 °C(230F), The long-term use temperature is 95 °C(203F). Among them, CORZAN CPVC has better performance index. Therefore, CPVC is a new type of engineering plastic with broad application prospects.
The difference with PVC
1. the chlorine content is different
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) chlorine content: 56%
CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride) chlorine content: 67%
2. Vicat temperature (heat distortion temperature)-- the higher the Vicat temperature, the better the performance
General Vika temperature of CPVC and PVC:
PVC: Vicat temperature is 71-75 ° C (159-167F)
CPVC: Vicat temperature is 100-125 ° C (212-257F)
Pipe Vicat temperature 110 °C(230F) JC --701 Raw material CPVC Vicat temperature is 124 ° C -128 ° C (255-262F)
Pipe fittings Vicat temperature 103°C(217F) ZS --601 Raw material CPVC Vicat temperature is 121°C-125°C (249-257F)
Pipeline processing fluidity (rheology) requirements are higher than the pipe, adjusted by the addition of additives, the Vicat temperature is lower than the general pipe.
3. The strength of the drop hammer test is 2 times or more higher than that of ordinary PVC.
4. anti-hydraulic pressure is higher than ordinary PVC
1. Material characteristics: CPVC power pipe is mainly made of PVC-C resin with excellent heat resistance and insulation performance. CPVC products are recognized as green environmental protection products, and their excellent physical and chemical properties are receiving more and more attention from the industry. The CPVC power pipe is a hard straight solid wall pipe. The inner and outer walls are smooth and flat, the color is orange-red, and the color is bright and eye-catching.
2. heat resistance: CPVC power tube is more common than the ordinary UPVC double-wall corrugated tube heat-resistant temperature of 15 ° C(59F), can be maintained in the environment above 93 ° C(199F), and has sufficient strength.
3. Insulation performance: CPVC power pipes can withstand high voltages above 30,000 volts.
4. Compressive performance: CPVC power pipe is modified by materials, and the product ring stiffness reaches 1Okpa, which is obviously higher than the regulations of the relevant national departments for buried plastic pipes, whose ring stiffness should be above 8kpa.
5. high impact strength: CPVC power tube can withstand 1kg weight at 0 °C(32F) temperature, 2m height impact force, fully reflect the low temperature impact performance of the material is fully applicable to the requirements of the construction environment conditions.
6. flame retardant properties: PVC and PVC-C materials have good flame retardant properties, can be extinguished from the fire. In particular, the PVC-C material has a significantly higher flame retardancy and smoke density index because its chlorine content is significantly higher than that of PVC.
7. Installation performance: CPVC power pipe is light in weight, high in strength, simple in construction method, can be buried at night, backfilled, and can be opened as usual during the day; it is connected by elastic sealing rubber ring, which is convenient, fast and connected. Good sealing performance, can prevent groundwater leakage, and effectively protect the safety of power cables.
8. long service life: CPVC power pipe material corrosion resistance, anti-aging, service life can be more than 50 years.
1. Pipe: CPVC is mainly used for the production of hot water and corrosive media for sheet, bar and pipe. It can maintain sufficient strength when it does not exceed 100 °C, and can be used for a long time under high internal pressure. The weight of CPVC is 1/6 of that of yellow copper and 1/5 of steel, and it has extremely low thermal conductivity. Therefore, the pipe made of CPVC is light in weight, good in heat insulation and does not require heat preservation.
2. CPVC pipe can be used as hot water pipe, electroplating solution pipe, thermochemical reagent conveying pipe, wet chlorine gas conveying pipe of chlor-alkali plant.
3. Injection molded parts: CPVC resin can produce pipe fittings for water supply pipes, filter materials, dewatering machines, etc., and can also produce electrical and electronic parts. Such as wire troughs, protective layers of conductors, electrical switches, protective covers for fuses, insulation materials for cables, etc.
4. Calendered sheet: It can be used to manufacture chemical and chemical resistant equipment such as reactors, valves and electrolytic cells.
5. Composite material: CPVC composite material composed of CPVC and some inorganic or organic fibers has good impact resistance and heat resistance is better than other resin composite materials. It can be made into sheet, pipe, corrugated board and profiled materials.
6. CPVC can be used for the modification of polyvinyl chloride fiber: the washing temperature of domestically produced polyvinyl chloride fiber should not exceed 60 °C(140F), and adding 30% CPVC when spinning polyvinyl chloride can greatly improve the heat resistance of the product, and the shrinkage rate is 50% of the drop to less than 10%.
7. Foaming material: The heat resistance of CPVC foaming material is better than that of PVC foaming material. The shrinkage rate at high temperatures is quite small, and it can be used as a heat insulating material for hot water pipes and steam pipes. CPVC with a chlorine content of more than 60% has a good solvent retention. CPVC can be foamed in a solvent that generates gas when heated, and a uniform, microporous foaming gas can be obtained. The boiling point is 50-160 °C(122-320F). A solvent such as a hydrocarbon, an ether or an aldehyde is used as a foaming agent.
8. Others: blending CPVC with thermoplastic or thermosetting plastics can significantly improve the physical and mechanical properties of these materials, such as improving the heat resistance of the products.
9. In foreign countries, CPVC with higher impact resistance and better transparency has been prepared through the improvement of production technology. This transparent material can be used in automobiles, optical discs and audio-visual products, and has good economic benefits.
1. A typical application for PVC is the service line, which goes between the water main and the home.
2. Another common use for PVC is in the Drain-Waste-Vent (DWV) system that carries wastewater to the sewer, regulates air in the pipes, and removes dangerous gases from the home.
3. PVC is also a popular choice for sprinkler systems and yard irrigation.
4. Flexible PVC is usually used for pool, spa, or hot tub installations where rigid piping may not fit as well or require more joints.
Pro Tip: Both CPVC and PVC require primer and solvent cement "glue" in order to be joined to fittings. These products are not interchangeable between the two plastics - always check the label to be sure you're using the proper product for the material.
Related Industry Knowledge
- China valve industry pneumatic control valve in...
- Control valve to the direction of intelligent d...
- China valve Development trend analysis prospect...
- China valve casting industry rapid development ...
- There is a significant gap between China's high...
- How to break through the problem of valve indus...
- New opportunities for stainless steel valve ind...
- How to choose PPR tubing manufacturers?
- About PVC ball valve.
- The function of the ball valve.
- Amazing DIY Projects of PVC Pipes
- Correct PVC Pipe Size You Should Know
- The Difference Between PPR Pipe And PVC Pipe
- PPR Antibacterial Pipe - Superior Pipe You Can ...
- Key Product of PPR Antibacterial Pipe Fittings
- Real Decoration Scenes of PPR Antibacterial Pip...
- How to Identify The Quality of PVC Pipe?
- What is Nominal Pipe Size (NPS)
- Difference between water supply pipe and drain ...
- PVC Pipe Installation And Construction Specific...